This is my very first post and I think it is a fitting one.
Frankly, it has always been a real struggle for me to stay positive. But this morning, I got to thinking hard about what I could be grateful for and decided to make it my job to have a change of attitude today!
And once I started, it was like the heavens opened and the angels began to sing. So I sent this via email to my lovely mum:
Today, I am grateful for the following:
- That both my mum and dad adore me
- That I am not hungry at this moment
- That I have clean water to drink and bathe in
- That I can be warm indoors when it’s BRRR outside
- That I have a reliable car to drive and I don’t have to take public transportation
- That I have health insurance, Dr. Chandler, and Dr. Veronica
- That I have a new laptop, tablet device, and 40+ Mbps of Internet speed to type this email and start my blog
- That I have a great point-and-shoot camera to take amazing pictures for my blog
- That I am getting an awesome hobby/sewing table soon
- That I can sew my dreams
- That I STILL have dreams I want to make and flaunt
- That I have true blue friends who have chosen to love and stay in the trenches with me all these years
Your crazy, loving daughter,
Call to action: So do me a favor, will you? Stop whatever it is you are doing right now, and take a moment to ponder what it is you can truly be thankful for as 2014 comes to an end.
And then share it with someone — anyone. You might just make someone weep sweet tears.
1 thought on “Today, I made my mommy cry…”
You also made your mummy very happy. Love you more!